View My Other Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 1 - P90X - Core Synergistics

          Alright everyone! Welcome to my day 1 of the crazy intense P90X program!  I decided to do the Lean program and whew! It's tough work!
           Before I start, I think I should give all my Stats, weight and measurements and things like that.  I'm not really sure if I WANT to, I don't really want everyone knowing how much I have let myself go LOL But How can you review an intense workout system without giving your stats?
           Okay, so here they are:
Weight - 161.6
Hips - 39"
Waist - 30"
Arms - 13"
Thigh - 25"
.        My goal is to get down to 130 again.  So I am really hoping that I will reach that with this program!
Here is what my schedule will look like for the lean program for the first 3 weeks.
Week 1-3
Day 1  - Core Synergistics 
Day 2  - Cardio X
Day 3  - Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper X
Day 4  - Yoga X
Day 5  - Legs & Back + Ab Ripper X 
Day 6  - Kenpo X
Day 7  - Rest or X Stretch

         Since this is the first time doing this DVD I will list all the exercises.
They Stretch first, which feels great, but then, you better be ready to jump right in!

Stacked foot/Staggered Hands pushup
In push up position, one hand is forward and one is further back, and you stack your feet on top of eachother.  Now I realized during this workout that I have no arm strength. LOL.  So, these were pretty tough for me. 
BananaRoll-
Start on back with legs and arms extended 6-12 inches off floor-hold for 5, roll onto side hold for 5, roll onto back hold for 5.  I suggest doing this with no one watching you or else you will probably not be able to continue from all the laughing.  This looks ridiculous. BUT! It works AMAZING.  You feel this pretty instantly in your abs.  
Leaning Crescent Lunges-
Lunge forward at 45 degree angle while extending your arm in one straight line with your back leg holding dumbells. This one is pretty straight forward.  I am much stronger with my legs so I was able to do this pretty easy, but it still works your legs out great!
Squat run-
Squat position with one leg in front, holding dumbells moving your arms back and forth like you are running--switch legs. This is another one you might feel a litte silly doing.  But let me tell you, towards the end of this one, my legs felt like they could collapse.  So it works :)
Sphinx Pushups-
Rest on forearms with elbows under shoulders. Press up off forearms until arms are straight. This one was pretty much impossible for me, I'm not gonna lie.  I just did what I could. 
Bow to Boat-
5 seconds in bow, which is laying on your stomach holding your ankles behind you.  SO the only part of you touching the floor should be your hips or tummy.  Then flip over 5 seconds in Boat.  Which is where nothing but your lower back should be touching, everything else up in the air.  This one was really tough,  mostly because its really hard to get into the first pose as fast as they do. LOL
Plank to Chatarunga run-
While in plank run your knees in for 10 seconds then go down to a chat positions and do a fast type of crawl while not moving.  (just moving your legs).  Unfortunately where I live, I can't make a lot of noise because the old bag who lives underneath us complains about the smallest noise.  So exercises like this I had to substitute for other things to keep me moving.  
Walking Pushups-
This one is tough.  Get in push up position and keep your legs locked straight.  Slowly tip toe four steps forward and four back.  This gets really tough.  
Superman/Banana-Alternating Superman and then roll onto your belly for arms and legs off floor position/ Go back and forth.  And back to the one that makes you looks like a flailing fish.  Great though!
Low lateral skaters-
Slowly shifting side to side in a deep lunge while lifting your straight leg at the end of the movement.  This one was pretty easy, my suggestion for this though is to remember to lift your leg without using your hands pushing on the floor. It works so much better this way.
Lunge and Reach-
With weight in hand reach down to front leg as if you are lifting something off of the floor, then reach up and twist as though you are putting it on a shelf. I think this one is really fun and it works you out like crazy, but since it's fun, it's like you don't notice. LOL
Lunge-
Kickback-Curl and Press.  This one is difficult to explain because there is so much to it.  I suggest googling it.  :)
Reach High and Under Pushups-
Combine standard pushup then a sideplank from sideplank reach under like a pilates twist and repeat.  This one was near impossible for my weak arms.  Hopefully in a few weeks I will be doing this one like a pro though.  
Prison Cell Pushup-
From standing bend forward to plank, do a pushup,bring your right knee in and out, do another pushup, bring left knee in and out do another pushup, do third pushup and jump back to standing. All I have to say with this one, is I HATE IT. LOL It's so hard!

Side hip raise-
Lying on side, resting on forearm. Lift hips up off of the floor and lower them.  This is pretty tough, but it's easy to get the hang of.  
Squat X press-
Holding weights do squats while you are performing a wide shoulder press to that your body forms and X.  This one was pretty fun and easy to understand. 
Steam Engine-
Standing knee to elbow crunches.  Whew, you start out doing these and your like, okay, this is pretty easy, but by the time they get to the end, you want to fall down and never get up again.  
Dreya Roll-
From standing squat down rolling onto your back, kick legs straight up in the air, almost like a pilates control balance and roll forward coming to standing again.  This is another one that I can't really do with our apartment.  (Not that I could do it anyway :))
Plank to Chaturanga Iso-
Alternate 10 second counts between plank and chat position.  This one is tough.  But its great too.  
Halfback-
Agility moves simulating going through football tire drills. I love this one but sadly another one I can't do.  Too much noise :(
Table dip/Leg raise-
Get yourself into a yoga table. Raise one leg in the air keeping hips up, and do tricep dips changing after 5 reps.  Super tough on your arms, but you can really feel it working your arms which is nice
 You are finished!  You now get an amazing cooldown stretch period which after the workout feels like the most amazing thing on the planet.  




Okay, I realize that was a lot, but I really wanted to show you exactly what I was going through and how tough it was.  I'm excited and I can't wait for Day 2! 
         All in all, I think I did pretty well for the first day.  I'm getting ready to make myself a yummy protein shake and clean house! Yay for burning calories!  Thanks for reading! 

18 comments:

Willow said...

What's the time you spent doing day 1? Don't mind me, just curious.

The Messy Apron said...

@Willow - Well the workout is an hour long, give or take a few minutes. So I try and set aside like an hour and a half to two hours, just to make sure I have plenty of time to change, stretch, take breaks, and cool down. Thanks for reading! :)

Rezden said...

I heard this was really rough. Friend lost 30 pounds his first cycle. Keep it up. :)

The Champ said...

I haven't been in a regular exercise routine for a couple years, I think it would be difficult to find the willpower to do so, haha. Course, I'm 5'8" and weight 125 pounds so its only my stamina that's taken a toll. Good to know though!
Followin :]

honkhonkpt said...

Seems like a good workout! Are you going to periodically update your weight and stuff or just reveal the final results?

honkhonkpt said...

Sounds like a good workout! Are you going to periodically update your weight or just provide the final results?

The Cockshiner said...

Wow, that sounds awful to have to do.

Mister Sharaf said...

nice blog, good luck w it

im followin you


visit my place: www.yourchilltime.blogspot.com

~Beth Lynn~ said...

http://welcometobethsblog.blogspot.com/ Please Feel Free to Check it Out.I can help you next!

stm said...

oh wow. that's quite a lot for one workout.

i hope you're not terribly sore going into day 2.

kkazzamm said...

OI VEY!!! Tony should be paying you. This is an actual legit Review of the P90X system :x Mine is meant more as a journal. You say that I motivate you well I can say the same is true here. Knowing I have someone watching and matching my progress (I am doing the lean as well) I am hoping will help motivate me to not be a slug on my lazy days. :) AND!!! Welcome to the P90X workout club. Perhaps we can get a few other folks to join us.

Classically Trained Nub said...

You're scaring me. I'm starting this soon, but I didn't realize it was that much.

Kikino said...

wow and..wow!

keep up the good work!

Seion said...

This looks so intense. I think it's a good idea to post about your starting position and goals, since it gives a good perspective on what you're aiming for, as well as hopefully keeps you true to your word and commitment.

caretaker said...

dont like it

Monster Madness said...

Pretty informative day 1! :)

Toliver Edge said...

I have this but I've been putting it off, you've given me some impetus to get going though, good luck!

caretaker said...

just dont eat at all

Post a Comment