View My Other Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 2 - P90X - CardioX

Starting weight - 161.6
My weight today was - 160!
(I realize it's just water weight but I am so excited to get below 160 finally!! So close!)

        Alrighty, well all I can say is OUCH.  As I layed down to go to sleep last night I wanted to just stay in my cozy blankets and never move again.  I am SO SORE.  And not just one area, my entire body.  All over soreness. LOL But you know what? It makes me feel like I did a good job.  And I know it's only my second day but I truly felt great today.  I felt slim and not bloated and just very..good.  But honestly, the thought of enduring more P90X on top of my soreness wanted to make me fall on the floor.  BUT with a little inspiration from reading kkazzamm's blog ( http://kkazzamm.blogspot.com/ ), and knowing that I owed a good review to all of my loyal readers...
 I DID IT! YAY!
And in the answer to honkhonkpt's question, I plan to update my weight everyday at the top of each post, and I will post my measurements once a week.  Maybe, JUST maybe at the end I will post before and after pictures. :)
So here is my review of day 2!
Today was my CardioX;
This DVD is kind of difficult to review each exercise because it's so varied, it combines yoga, kenpo, and plyometrics. At the beginning is a lot of yoga poses, which at first I'm thinking, okay this isn't going to be so hard.  But by the time I do my third "vinyasa" my mind was very much changed. That is tough work! It makes me a little scared to do the YogaX DVD I have coming up.  The kenpo part is really fun, throwing punches and kickboxing.  I would love it even more if I could devote all my focus to doing the exercises right instead of worrying soft landings because of the bagface who lives underneath me complaining about noise.  Anyways
I think that is all I will be posting for now, I really need to read up on all of your blogs!  
Until tomorrow! Thanks for reading!

23 comments:

Das Auto! said...

you know you're doing it right when you feel the burn! best of luck, keep us updated!

The Game Store Guy said...

Hahaha. I'm glad you're enjoying it (despite the soreness). Keep up the good work!

ak47 said...

burn=good haha

Unknown said...

get 2 12" subs and just pound that dvd :) THat will really piss off bagface. hell they wont know the difference between hard landings and that annoying guy on the p90x videos talking.

Good job though keep it up

Mr Bouchard said...

Keep up the good work! Once you're out of water, fat will be burning like paper in fire!

kkazzamm said...

Gratz on managing 2days in a row. My real difficulty comes in on the weekends when the family is home. With a toddler in tow a lot of weekends we are go-go-go. :)
And I know aht you mean about the yoga as warm-up.

Smatchimo said...

i am looking forward to more updates! just found you, and followed!

Toliver Edge said...

Are you supposed to do an exercise each day? Is there no resting between? If not that sounds brutal.

Seion said...

Soreness is always a good sign that you've worked out well, especially when you haven't in a long time.

stm said...

you were sore from day 1? who would have thought... ;)

yoga is no joke. i tried hot yoga for the first time last month. v difficult, v sweaty.

keep on keeping on!

Usagi said...

so you're going to burn your weight down. i hope you'll get an ideal weight for you:) good luck

Larissa said...

Ugh, I know what you mean about noise complaints. I can only exercise in the kitchen because it's got the most solid floor, but the tiles are also very slippery so mt mat tends to migrate. You have no idea how many times I've ended up falling towards the (turned off) stove...

I'm excited to see your progress! Hopefully it will help motivate me!

Rezden said...

That's awesome. Congrats. :) My friend attends yoga class now because of P90X. Just started his second cycle too.

miecak said...

I'm actually too skinny. Glad I can eat whatever I want :P

Gurney said...

i hear that p90x is some rough stuff. I need to get into that

Rawr said...

nice post :D

noog said...

i've been doing p90x for about 4-5 years now... everything about you will change. you'll feel lighter, happier, more energetic... your nails/hair/skin will change... i cannot stress how important the yoga is!! watch your technique because tony doesn't do a great job explaining the positioning of the body. i did my master's thesis on it and it has changed my life!!

Anonymous said...

congrats !

Mike Litoris said...

great background!

Monster Madness said...

Good job! haha :D

Willow said...

lol @ what Das said. I'ts true though, the more pain you feel you know it's working.

memeaday said...

God, I love your blog. Following! :)

kkazzamm said...

@ Tolivar ... its 6 days of exercise and a rest day. Some people use the 7th day for stretching or an extra yoga.

Post a Comment